First of all, Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! If you are using your own mobile device, and internet provider to gain access to this post, we do all have a lot of things to be grateful for. Therefore, let’s do this quick exercise before you read ahead:
- Take a moment in silence, whether you choose to stand in place, post against a wall, or take a sit.
- Evaluate what has been going on in your life (triumphs and hardships)
- Ask, “Is this something I have control over at the moment?”
- Whether your answer is “Yes” or “No”, take a deep breath in, and then let it out; do this three times.
- Remember what you have just experienced: you have sucked in air; the world is not over; you have not been defeated; you are not without help; relaxation is not only for some, it is for all; and deep breathing can be a way of “encouraging yourself”.
Why is breathing the subject matter in today’s post? Kanye West has been recently hospitalized for “exhaustion”. If Kanye West with his 10 talents/minas can get exhausted, I know that–with whatever we have been dealt–we can succumb to exhaustion too.
Therefore, brothers and sisters of my shade and others, breathe deeply when you think that your life does not depend on it; breathe deeply when you think that your breathing would not affect those close to you; breathe deeply when you think that no one is watching; breathe deeply when you think that your breathing cannot teach someone else; breathe deeply when you think that your breathing cannot support someone else; breathe deeply so that it can be shared with brothers and sisters of my shade and your shade; breathe deeply for Eric Garner; breathe deeply for those like Eric Garner; breathe deeply even when you think there is no reason to breathe; breathe deeply to have excess to make breath deposits; breathe deeply with eyes closed and opened; breathe peacefully would be the reward for growing the lung capacity to breathe deeply; breathe communally and we all survive.
Breathe; because with this gift, we can move! Personally, this is applicable to me because I have five musical shows coming up, while I’m a high school English teacher and a college professor. I had just finished a play production and five musical gigs in the months of October and November! Breathe Lee Clark Allen, breathe!